I think everyone can benefit from doing something creative occasionally. It can help you work through something you are struggling with, explore an aspect of your identity, and provide a valuable distraction if you need one. There are a ton of different creative activities, so there is something to suit everyone.
- Painting, drawing, sculpting, photography, or doodling
- Acting, dancing, singing, or being involved behind the scenes in theatre
- Writing. You can write in any form you want.
- Sewing, designing, make-up application
- Playing a musical instrument, or writing music
- Baking or cooking. Cake/Cupcake decorating.
- Building something, such as a bookshelf or dolls house.
There are so many options. I'm sure there are many more options than what I have listed here. If you've never tried any of these things before, I strongly recommend giving it a go. Pick the one that seems to suit you the most, and get started. If you're unsure where to start, or want a bit of extra motivation, try signing up for a class or a club.
Creativity can become a really important part of your identity.
What sort of creative activities do you enjoy, or think you would enjoy? How does creativity help you through your illness? Do you consider it to be an important part of your identity?